Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Fundamental Elements of Southtown





P.O.D. has been a huge influence on my art... Stealing the albums from my brother'a room when I was little-little was always a fun crime to get away with. This is partly because I wasn't supposed to mess with his stuff, and partly because Daniel wasn't allowed to listen to them either. Yeah, I would put the music on and I've always like them- however, the thing that really captivated my attention was the album art. Even to this day, I draw a lot of things inspired by those albums.
I hadn't even given a lot of thought about how much I subconsciously drew from the style in these albums until I was putting CD's away with my sister in law the other night and I saw the (above) album for The Fundamental Elements of Southtown for the first time in a few years. Not to be melodramatic, but it felt like finding an important piece of myself that I had almost lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment