Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Something I have been thinking about a lot...

Lately, I have been drawing a lot of fractal shapes (Fractals are a geometric shape that can be divided into small parts, each of which replicate the whole.). As I've been drawing, I've been thinking a lot about the pattern and geometry of it all.


An idea stirred in my mind, and after looking up some things on fractals; I've realized I'm not the only one to think this.
What if this entire world is a chain of fractals? What if each atom is its own universe, and this planet is just an electron in a greater atom that is our galaxy. What if each galaxy makes up one atom of an entirely bigger universe... What if our birth, death and rebirth is merely a transcendence from one fractal to another (If so, are we becoming smaller or larger?).

The possibilities are endless.

4 comments:

  1. you may be aware of this, but a lot of people seem to think of this as a fundamental expression of the hermetic principle "as above, so below", which a lot of magical theory is based on. we are really into fractals around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle McKenzieApril 4, 2011 at 6:46 PM

    I used a similar photo as a photo of the day this year! Fractals are wondrous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Beth, there's a post on E's blog that you might want to take a look at... http://urielfury.blogspot.com/2010/03/natural-and-numbers-natural-by-numbers.html

    ReplyDelete